Asphalt Shingle Roofs for Your Austin Home
Asphalt Shingles are the most common material used in residential roofing today. Their low cost, and easy installation make them popular for homes and residential properties, but high quality asphalt roofs can still add to the luxury aesthetic of your new construction.
While considering asphalt shingles for your next roofing or replacement project, you should be aware of all the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this particular roofing material considering this is one of the biggest investments you will make in your home. Use our expert roofing contractors and our knowledge to help you make your final decision.
Advantages of Asphalt Shingle Roofs
- Asphalt shingles are the most affordable roofing material available on the market
- This roofing material works well on steep-sloped structures
- Easy to cut, fasten and fit, shingles are considered the easiest roofing material to install
- Asphalt shingles don’t require specialized accessories for roof edges, wall terminations, and chimney or vent flashings
- They require low maintenance and can be walked on without damaging the material
- Asphalt shingles come in a wide range of prices, sizes, and colors
- Roofing repairs are relatively easy and low cost
- Most brands offer Class A fire protection
Disadvantages of Asphalt Shingle Roofs
- Shingles are susceptible to high wind damage – strong winds can uplift or tear shingles off easily, whereas concrete tiles can handle much higher wind speeds
- Asphalt shingles not only transfer solar heat into your home, they can become damaged by heat, unlike materials like cedar roofs, which naturally insulate your home
- While some synthetic roofing materials are mold and algae resistant, moisture pooling in shady areas of your asphalt roof can easily damage shingles
- Depending on the type of shingle, asphalt roofs are easily outlasted by clay tile, slate, and metal, lasting on average 15 to 30 years
Hire the Right Roofing Contractor for your Luxury Austin Home
Make the most of your asphalt shingle roofing project by using a reliable roofing contractor. Along with licensing and insurance, factory certifications and industry associations are another way to gauge a roofing company’s expertise. Other than the superior quality of work, this also allows them to provide exclusive benefits that other contractors can’t.
Affluent Exteriors, your trusted roofer, is proud to be a certified CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator. As one of the highest distinctions given to asphalt shingle roofers, it allows us to offer the brand’s quality roofing products and back them with strong warranties.
With our proven track record of customer satisfaction, you can expect no less than exceptional services from Affluent Exteriors. Contact us for a free consultation or estimate on your next Asphalt Shingle roof project.