Concrete Tile Roofs for Your Home
When it comes to distinctive style, Concrete Tile Roofs have one of the most classic. In the South and Southwest, you can find concrete tile roofs on many different styles of homes.
When considering a concrete tile roof for your next roofing or replacement project, you should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this particular roofing material considering it is one of the biggest investments you will make in your home.
Advantages of Concrete Tile Roofs
- One of the biggest advantages of concrete roofing is that it is incredibly strong and can withstand intense wind and rainstorms that would tear up other types of roofing materials
- Concrete tile roofs are not susceptible to wind uplift like other roofing materials and this strength contributes to their long lifespan
- If properly installed and with regular maintenance, concrete tile roofing can last the lifetime of the home
- Most manufacturers even offer a warranty that can last as long as 50 years
- While concrete is not as cheap as asphalt shingle, it is not as expensive if being compared to clay tile or slate roofing
Disadvantages of Concrete Tile Roofs
- The biggest disadvantage of concrete tile roofing is that the concrete tile material is very heavy
- If the home is a new construction, this should not be a problem, as the home can be designed to carry the weight of the roof, however, if the home is older, it will have to be determined if the home’s structure can support a concrete tile roof
- Not every roofer has worked with concrete tile, so it’s essential to use a qualified, expert roofing contractor
- Concrete roof tiles have a tendency to fade over time as they are exposed to the sun which can make repairs and replacement very difficult, if not impossible, to replace a portion of concrete roof tiles to match, whereas the beautiful color of clay tile roofing doesn’t fade
Hire the Right Roofing Contractor
Make the most of your roofing project by using a reliable roofing contractor. Along with licensing and insurance, certifications and associations are another way to gauge a roofing company’s expertise. Other than the superior quality of work, this also allows them to provide benefits that other contractors can’t.
Affluent Exteriors, your trusted roofer, is proud to be a member of the Tile Roofing Institue and have certified installers on staff. Founded in 1971, the TRI has played a major role in testing tile under severe weather and seismic conditions, as well as developing legislation of building codes. Today, TRI trains roofing installers, inspectors and industry professionals on proper, code approved methods for installing concrete and clay tile roofs. TRI is dedicated to growing the tile roofing market through technical expertise, training, and building awareness for the many benefits of tile. With our proven track record of customer satisfaction, you can expect no less than exceptional services from Affluent Exteriors. Contact us for a free consultation on your next Tile Roof project.