Synthetic Roofs for Your Austin Home
Synthetic Roofs as it pertains to steep-slope roofing materials refers to manufactured products that replicate asphalt shingles, concrete tile, metal panels, slate, wood shakes and wood shingles. Synthetic roofing materials have revolutionized the world of exterior design, and given the cost-oriented consumer a much wider range of options to consider.
While considering a synthetic roof for your next roofing or replacement project, you should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this particular roofing material considering it is one of the biggest investments you will make in your home.
Advantages of Synthetic Roofs
- Being comprised of synthetic materials, this means a lower cost of goods, less concern over maintenance, repair, replacement costs, and is more eco-friendly
- Synthetic roof products weight substantially less than the products they replicate like concrete tile and slate which allows them to be installed over conventional roof decks
- Some synthetic products purport to be hail, mold, and algae resistant
- Several synthetic cedar shakes and cedar shingle manufacturers claim labor savings because fire-retardant or anti-algae coatings do not have to be applied to the product
Disadvantages of Synthetic Roofs
- Synthetic roof coverings are relatively new and there isn’t a proven record about performance
- Most synthetic products are manufactured with dyes or coloring agents and it is unknown whether these products will fade because of ultra-violet exposure and weathering
Hire the Right Roofing Contractor
Make the most of your roofing product by using a reliable roofing contractor. Affluent Exteriors, your trusted roofer, has a proven record of customer satisfaction you can expect. Contact us for a free consultation on your next synthetic roof product.