Roof maintenance is a crucial part of a home’s upkeep and one that can’t be understated. Ignore this task, and you will inevitably end up with leaks, holes where all types of small animals can make your attic their new home, and other problems that will seriously cramp your comfort levels underneath and put your walls, ceiling, and interior items at risk. In fact, the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends maintenance and repair be performed at least twice a year on your roof. More importantly, before and after severe weather seasons such as a winter in the Northern United States and hurricanes in the South and East Coast.
Why Do I Need A Maintenance Plan If I Have A Warranty?
The short answer is: Warranties don’t make your roof last longer! As the property owner, it’s your responsibility to maintain your roof system. If you fail to have your roof regularly inspected, cleaned and having minor repairs performed, you may void your warranty when a leak comes through into your home. An average roof warranty requires at least one roof inspection to be performed per year by an authorized contractor. This requirement is beneficial for the property owner and the company that issues the warranty. During the yearly inspection, the inspector will check for not only current problems but areas that could turn into problems in the future. This allows repairs to be made before they grow larger and become more costly. A good maintenance plan will go a step further; this includes cleaning your gutters, mending your flashings and performing minor repairs for the cost of the program. Having a service team visit your roof regularly not only gives you peace of mind, but it expands your roof’s lifespan and keeps you within your warranty guidelines.
4 Key Benefits of Preventative Roof Maintenance
- No Surprise Leaks – any roof repair specialist will say that preventative maintenance is instrumental in uncovering damage early to prevent leaks. More often than not, aging roofs hide issues, which are unrecognizable to the untrained eye, especially from the ground. When left undiscovered and unaddressed, these issues only worsen over time until they let the elements into your home to do more damage. Before you know it, you could be experiencing water intrusion, wreaking havoc with your interior insulation, walls, and more.
- No Unexpected Expenses – when you have an active roof maintenance program with Affluent Exteriors and we perform our bi-annual roof checkup, there is no additional out of pocket costs to minor repairs we perform as long as they are equal to or less than the annual cost of your plan. If the cost of repair is more than your plan’s annual costs, you only pay the difference between the total repair costs minus your annual maintenance cost. If you don’t have a roof maintenance plan in place, it will be a different story when leaks show up of the blue.
- No Nullified Warranties – any experienced roofing contractor will attest that most brands void product warranties when defects are due to poor maintenance. By routinely have bi-annual inspections and those inspections being documented with photos, the manufacturer is more likely to reimburse you for the replacement materials and labor costs.
- No Denied Claims – with most insurance policies, there’s a thin line between proper maintenance and neglect. When filing a claim for a storm-damaged roof, your insurer might deny your request if there’s a chance you fell short of upkeep expectations. With maintenance photos, you’re in a better position to prove statements like “pre-existing conditions” and “wear and tear”. In the end, you could be left shouldering all the expenses.
About Affluent Exteriors Premier Roof Maintenance Program
After years of experience with the different types of roofing systems we’ve installed, replaced, or repaired; we’ve designed our program to provide you with total assurance in your roof’s ability to properly function to protect your property. We cover all necessary repairs on your roof and perform preventative maintenance work twice a year – once in the spring and another in the fall.
Our program provides the following:
- Client portal that is accessible from any web-browser that includes your maintenance contract, photos, service requests, etc.
- A complete inspection of the roof, gutters, siding, fascia boards, and paint above the roofline
- Remove any roof debris
- Inspect and clean valleys of debris
- Inspect all flashings at all penetrations and curbs, including pipes, skylights, walls, etc.
- Inspect and clean all gutters and downspouts, and re-attach downspouts where necessary
- Re-secure loose metal items and reseal cracked or missing caulk joints
- Before & After photos of all work performed and date & time stamped inspection photos
- Advise you of any repairs or cleaning options exceeding the scope of our Premier Roof Maintenance Service
- Auto-enrollment into our Storm Alerts program
- Priority post-storm roof inspections over regular Storm Alert Subscribers in your area
Why Pictures & Inspection Reports
Our Premier Roof Maintenance service includes the latest pictures of your roof, gutters, siding and a detailed inspection report that you can send to your insurance provider. Providing documentation on an annual basis provides proof to your insurance carrier that you are maintaining your roof and lessens the effort required to prove that a recent storm that has impacted your property when you need to file a claim. This process has proven to be successful and your damages can’t be considered a “pre-existing condition” or “wear and tear” when you have proof of what the property looked like prior to the damage caused by a storm.
Additional Cleaning Options
How often should you have your roof cleaned? That depends on your roof and its surroundings. There are many factors contributing to why certain roofs are more susceptible to mold, algae, and mildew than others. The location of your roof is the key ingredient. Is it frequently shaded? Does it get sunlight? Is your roof surrounded by trees? What about your proximity to bodies of water? These are the elements that play a factor in how often we may need to clean your roof. On the Texas Gulf Coast, the weather elements can be harsh. With high temperatures, abundant sunshine, excessive rain (at times) and extreme humidity, these areas are conducive to the growth of mildew and algae. A common misconception is that algae and mildew grow directly on your roof. However, mildew and algae do NOT grow directly on your roof, but rather on the dust particles and other materials that accumulate on the roof over time. If you have spotted mildew and/or algae on your roof, have no fear. Affluent Exteriors can help with a little spring cleaning through the use of biodegradable solutions and pressure washing. Getting on your roof can be a dangerous task and we certainly don’t want you to get hurt. When pressure washing, we ensure that the correct machine settings, cleaning mixtures, and techniques that are appropriate for your designer roof are used.
Affluent Exteriors Roof Maintenance Plan Pricing
Below are both the annual and monthly subscription prices for the roof types that we service.
Premier Roof Maintenance Plan for Asphalt Shingle Roofs
- $550 annual payment with $50 discount applied for paying in full or
- $50 monthly payment for 12 months
Premier Roof Maintenance Plan for Concrete Tile, Metal, Synthetic, and Cedar Roofs
- $1,320 annual payment upfront with $120 discount applied for paying in full or
- $120 monthly payment for 12 months
Premier Roof Maintenance Plan for Clay Tile and Slate Roofs
- $2,200 annual payment upfront with a $200 discount applied for paying in full or
- $200 monthly payment for 12 months
Get Started and Pay Your Premier Roof Maintenance Now!
To get started, go to our Roof Maintenance Plans page and pick your Roof Maintenance Plan option of choice for your roof type. Once you have successfully paid your subscription fee, we will follow up to confirm your property information and schedule your first of two annual maintenance appointments.
Still have questions?
Complete the form below and we will follow up to answer any additional questions you have.